Sprint to Profit
Ep.45 Top 8 Things We Learned About Amazon Selling from Q4/Xmas 2020
Welcome back to the Sprint to Profit Podcast for Amazon Sellers. Hopefully you saw some wonderful sales uplifts in this holiday period. Aside from that, we do know there have been a few challenges this year and this quarter. In this episode, we are going to be reviewing the major learnings we have discovered over the last few weeks to help you see from our perspective (and the perspective of the clients we work with) what are some of the biggest learnings from the top strategies and the challenges we had to overcome from the 2020 holiday season.
Today we’ll be talking about the top 8 key things we learned from the last quarter of 2020. It has been a crazy year and an even crazier Q4 for Amazon sellers. Whether you saw a rise in your sales or not, we’ve got a number of lessons to share with you: from Amazon FBA inventory restrictions, to getting accurate forecasts, to page 1 organic keyword rankings. We have sure fire ways to get profitable sales through periods like these: periods of high sales demands.
If you liked what you heard today on the show, please make sure to hit the subscribe button so you can get updated when we post new episodes. Please share this episode with others who might get value out of it as well. We wish you the best for you and your business.
To get some FREE training on what it takes to have a successful business to fuel your lifestyle, head to www.goteamreal.com to download our FREE training today. Also head to www.goteamreal.com/income to download your free INCOME calculator.
- 00:23 - Hello and Welcome
- 01:52 - A quick rundown
- 03:20 - Amazon FBA inventory restrictions changed often
- 09:57 - “Request a Review” works well to get review ratings during peak sales periods.
- 14:23 - The season was longer than usual and AND they were higher than average.
- 21: 55 - Timing a launch with the sales uptake can lead to an accelerated and profitable launch
- 26:44 - A good PPC system will help dominate the competition AND catapult sales
- 36:52 - Planning ahead and accurate forecasts will help you avoid running out of stock, and having your logistics plan to have your FBA stock refilled is crucial.
- 39:41 - Page 1 Organic Keyword Ranking for your main KW’s is still a SURE WAY to get profitable sales through periods of high sales demand.
- 42:30 - Price Testing is a great way to maximise sales and profit
- 50:10 - Summary
- 52:22 - Conclusion
Money/Time Investment Tool: https://www.goteamreal.com/smartgoal
Our Website: https://www.goteamreal.com/
Real Amazon Seller Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AmazonSellerRoundTable/
09:24 - “The key thing that people were looking for this Christmas was, ‘Am I going to get it before Christmas?’ Just being able to have that reassurance that we’re going to get it by Christmas but also, ‘I’m already a PRIME member, why am I paying for shipping?’” - Kirsty
14:00 - “Essentially [Amazon] wants you to have reviews. That’s the point, right? They just want you to do it the right way: from genuine sales.” - Kirsty
03:59 - “You didn’t hear as many people complaining about [long term storage fees] this year because they weren’t able to put any stock in so they weren’t getting long term storage fees and they won’t be in the next six months because there’s going to be a lot of restrictions on Amazon.” - Isaac
29:44 - “I think one of the biggest things that people are failing at are the product ads that can be placed on other products.” - Isaac
Brought to you by Kirsty Verity and Isaac Kuhlman of Sprint to Profit